Ready to learn a new language? There’s an app for that! Actually, there are many apps for that. But you want the best one — the most effective language-learning program for your money. Let’s break down why Babbel could be the app for you, and why PC Magazine said this: “Babbel exceeds expectations, delivering high-quality, self-paced courses.”
What Sets Babbel Apart
Everyone learns differently, and you want to find the language-learning app that’s right for you. We believe that everyone who uses Babbel will have a better learning experience — and a more effective one. There are lots of reasons for this, but a few stand out.
- Babbel’s courses are designed by experts, rather than by algorithms. Their team of language-learning experts uses the latest learning techniques and tailors your lessons to your native language and the language you’re learning.
- Babbel teaches you what you need to know to have real-life conversations. Instead of random, nonsensical sentences, they teach phrases you’ll actually use to, say, order a drink or find your way around a city.
- You’ll actually remember your new language skills. Babbel’s courses are specifically designed to bring back what you’ve learned in new contexts so you retain it for the long term.
Languages offered: Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish.
No one wants to learn about things that aren’t interesting or relevant to their lives. Babbel lets you choose from a wide array of topics, including travel, business, dating and more. You can decide whether our beginner or advanced courses fit your skill level. Did you take a language class in school and just want to brush up? Try one of Babbel’s refresher courses.
Babbel is so effective because it uses high-tech features to give you engaging and intelligent learning experiences. Here are some of the top-notch features you’ll get:
- Interactive lessons to keep you engaged and only take 10-15 minutes to complete.
- Speech recognition technology that helps you speak correctly and with confidence.
- Curated review sessions to reinforce what you’ve learned and commit it to memory, so you’ll never struggle for the right words.
Product Specs and Information
You can take Babbel with you wherever you go by downloading courses to complete offline. Don’t worry, your learning progress will sync across your devices.
Subscriptions And Pricing
As far as subscription-based apps go, Babbel is affordable and a great value for your money. We’ve previously shown that with free language-learning apps, you get what you pay for. Here are Babbel’s current subscription options (which are subject to change):
- One year for $6.95/month
- Six months for $7.45/month
- Three months for $8.95/month (Bestseller!)
- One month for $12.95
Note: You can try out the first lesson in any language for free!
What People Are Saying About Babbel
We’ve laid out why we think Babbel is the best way to learn a new language, but you don’t have to take our word for it.
Check out these testimonials from real Babbel users:
“The whole point of learning a language is to be able to speak with people,
and Babbel gets you there.”
— Gregory Martin
“The lessons on Babbel are short, but very comprehensive. And everything is applicable to real-life conversation, which I love.”
— Mahtab Habibian
“Babbel is clean, modern, easy to navigate, and highly-interactive.”
— Jake Watling
And some notable praise from the press:
“Babbel’s lessons, unlike Duolingo’s, first focus on building basic conversational skills.”
— The Economist
“This empirically-proven method will have you speaking correctly and confidently in no time. So if you’re serious about learning a foreign language, you might want to give Babbel a shot.”
— Business Insider
“Babbel is one of the stalwarts of the online language-learning sphere.”
— The Next Web