Language is the common ground for well, everything. In a time where there’s so much to disagree about, language is something that brings us together — that rare thing that we all share — and there’s so much more to learn about it beyond vocab and grammar. I’m excited to introduce our new podcast, Multilinguish, a show that explores all the fascinating, fun and sometimes weird ways language connects us all.
Meet The Pod Cast
Our five-person podcast team has nearly 50 years of language education between us. We’ve each spent the better parts of our lives trying to learn languages, and learn more about languages. As the content team here at Babbel, we’ve written about everything from how to talk about the weather to the most effective learning methods, conducted interviews with linguistic experts, polyglots, celebrities, and so much more. We’ve collected more delightful, thought-provoking content than we could ever use here on Babbel Magazine. So now, we’re sharing this knowledge with you — now, in audio form.
In addition to special guests and experts, you’ll regularly hear from all your favorites here on the magazine, including producers Thomas Moore Devlin, David Doochin, Steph Koyfman, Dylan Lyons, and Jen Jordan (yours truly) as host and executive producer.
What’s It About?
In the first season of Multilinguish, we:
- investigate how language is creating sexist robots (featuring computational linguist Kate McCurdy)
- debate if different languages create different worldviews (featuring academic and linguist John McWhorter)
- share the best travel advice you’ve never heard (featuring travel bloggers Amanda Kendle, Francesca Murray and Bani Amor)
- explain unsolved language mysteries
- …and determine, once and for all, the sexiest European and American accents (featuring a panel of our European colleagues).
Episode 1 premieres Tuesday, March 12 with new episodes posted every Tuesday. Get a preview of the season and subscribe today wherever you get podcasts:
Apple | Spotify | Spreaker | Stitcher | Google
If you like what you hear, please rate and review! We look forward to hearing your feedback.