Teaching students a new language takes a lot of patience, time and of course, the right resources. You might have a go-to textbook you like to use for the foundations, but traditional classroom language resources can only take you and your students so far, especially if you’re having trouble keeping your learners engaged.
If you’re looking for effective and free Spanish educational resources for language learning, look no further. We’ve compiled a list here of Spanish language teaching resources and materials that can accompany the ones commonly used in the class settings. Use the free Spanish language resources on this page to complement your classroom instruction in fun, engaging ways — with resources from articles to quizzes to media resources like books, songs and movies.
These resources listed below are for Spanish teachers, but we also offer plenty of resources for our other popular languages, including French, German and Italian. You can access these language resources here:
- French resources for language teachers and learners
- German resources for language teachers and learners
- Italian resources for language teachers and learners
Keep reading to explore our free Spanish language resources for teachers!
Free Educational Resources For Spanish Language Teachers
Take your Spanish language instruction to the next level with these free educational resources for Spanish teachers. These classroom resources cover all aspects of learning Spanish, from the foundations of conversation to vocabulary to grammar and informational context about the Spanish language itself.
We’ve organized our free Spanish educational language resources — articles, videos, quizzes and more — into lists by category: facts about Spanish, vocabulary, grammar, and quizzes, for example. Click each link to explore the resource, and share with your students what you think might be helpful for them!
Spanish Teacher Resources — General Facts, Stats And Foundations About Spanish Around The World
Take advantage of these helpful classroom resources for teaching about the Spanish language — where it can be found around the world as an official language, the number of people who speak it and regional dialects and variations in Spanish.
- How Many People Speak Spanish, And Where Is It Spoken? (article) — A look at the countries of el mundo hispanohablante, including number of speakers and official language status.
- How Many People Speak Spanish? Spanish | By The Numbers (video)
- The History Of The Spanish Language (article) — Where the Spanish language gets its roots and how it has evolved over time.
- Mexican Spanish vs. European Spanish (article) — Some of the key elements of grammar and vocabulary that distinguish two of the most spoken Spanish varieties around the world.
- The Nuances Of Spanish Dialects Around The Globe (article + video)
Give your students the extra motivation they need to start their Spanish learning journey with these articles about what it’s like to learn Spanish and why it’s a worthwhile investment of time and energy.
- Learn Spanish (article) — A holistic overview the journey of learning Spanish, from foundational background about the language to mini lessons to learning strategies.
- How Hard Is It To Learn Spanish? (article) — A look at the areas that cause Spanish learners trouble in their learning journey.
- 5 Very Good, Very Specific Tips To Learn Spanish (article) — Strategies for addressing some of the tougher aspects of learning Spanish.
- Top 5 Reasons To Learn Spanish (article) — Tips and tricks for making Spanish more manageable to learn as a student (and to teach as an instructor).
- The 7 Most Common Mistakes English Speakers Make In Spanish (article) — A list of the typical errors and trouble spots for Spanish students to watch out for as they learn the language.
Spanish Pronunciation Teacher Resources
Use these resources to help your students master their Spanish pronunciation and understanding of sounds and letters in the Spanish alphabet.
- Spanish Alphabet (article) — An explanation of the sounds and letters of the Spanish alphabet.
- Words You Might Struggle To Pronounce If You’re Not A Native Spanish Speaker (article + video) — A look at some of the trickiest words to articulate for those who are not hispanohablantes nativos.
- Spanish Pronunciation: How To Read Letters And Accent Marks (article + video) — A guide to the sounds of the Spanish language and how they're pronounced, including how to treat accent marks in Spanish.
- Pronunciation Doctor: The Spanish R (video)
Spanish Conversation Teacher Resources
Help your students strengthen their conversational skills with these articles about the fundamentals of Spanish conversation — featuring words, phrases and expressions that native speakers actually use.
- How To Say “Hello” In Spanish (article) — Common greetings and conversation starters in Spanish.
- How To Say “Goodbye” In Spanish (article) — Common expressions to say farewell in Spanish conversations.
- Spanish Phrases (article) — A guide to some popular Spanish expressions that actual native speakers use, from slang and idioms to common conversational phrases.
- 10 Best Slang Expressions In Spanish (article) — A list of some outside-of-the-textbook phrases spoken by real native Spanish speakers.
- 11 Useful Spanish Phrases (video)
Spanish Grammar Teaching Resources
Spanish Grammar (article) — A comprehensive look at the elements of Spanish grammar, made fairly simple for learners of all levels.
Explore some of the most common words by grammatical category in Spanish, featuring pronunciations and examples of how to use these words in context.
- The 20 Most Common Verbs In Spanish (article) — A list of must-know Spanish verbs, including conjugations, example sentences and helpful notes.
- The 9 Most Common Adjectives In Spanish (article) — A list of essential Spanish adjectives for beginner learners, with example sentences and pronunciations.
Help your students learn some of the grammar behind how Spanish numbers work in different real-world contexts.
- How To Count To 100 In Spanish (article) — The rules and grammar behind counting from 0 to 100 in Spanish, including pronunciations of each number.
- How To Tell The Time In Spanish (article) — A guide to talking about the hour in Spanish, from the grammatical rules to words and expressions to ask about the time.
- How To Write The Date In Spanish (article) — A guide to the calendar in Spanish, from the names of days and months to written date notation.
Spanish Vocabulary Teacher Resources
Spanish Vocabulary (article) — A comprehensive overview of Spanish vocabulary, from its origins to cognates to categorized lists of vocab, including the lists below.
Spanish Vocabulary Lists For Teachers
These themed vocabulary lists for Spanish teachers are great for teaching the foundations of Spanish vocabulary. They feature audio recordings so your students can master their pronunciation.
- Spanish Color Vocabulary
- Spanish Weather Vocabulary
- Spanish Family Vocabulary
- Spanish Travel And Transportation Vocabulary
- Spanish Hobbies And Free Time Vocabulary
- Spanish Food And Drink Vocabulary
- Spanish Parts Of The Body Vocabulary
- Spanish Animals Vocabulary
- Spanish Feelings And Emotions Vocabulary
Get a look into how Spanish has loaned vocabulary to — and borrowed it from — other world languages.
- 111 English Words That Are Actually Spanish (article) — A long but non-exhaustive list of Spanish words that made their way into the English lexicon.
- The Influence Of Arabic On The Spanish Language (article) — A historical look at how so many (and which) Spanish words made their way into the language from the Arabic language.
Quizzes And Puzzles For Teaching Spanish
Let your students put their Spanish skills to the test with these fun, interactive quizzes about Spanish vocabulary and the Spanish language.
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Spanish?
- Quiz: Do You Know The Colors In Spanish?
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Spanish Animal Names?
- Quiz: Do You Know The Days Of The Week In Spanish?
- Crossword Puzzle: Spanish Language Facts
Free Media Resources For Teaching Spanish
Use these free Spanish media resources to help your students reinforce their Spanish skills. Many of these Spanish educational resources can be accessed for free or for cheap from popular streaming services and sites like Spotify, Netflix and others.
Your students will have fun interacting with real Spanish content like podcasts, songs, TV shows, books, movies and even social media accounts that feature Spanish from real native speakers and authors.
- Movies To Learn Spanish
- TV Shows To Learn Spanish
- Songs To Learn Spanish
- Books To Learn Spanish
- Podcasts To Learn Spanish
- YouTube Channels To Learn Spanish
- Twitter Accounts To Learn Spanish
- Instagram Accounts To Learn Spanish
- TikTok Accounts To Learn Spanish
Learning Resources For Other Languages
We also write about a lot about other major world languages, and you can find similar language teacher resources for those languages here: