Kick off 2019 by joining the January Babbel Challenge! Every Monday in January, we’re publishing an article to help you establish a healthy learning habit. By the end of the month, you will be on your way to reaching your language-learning goals.
This Week’s Challenge
It’s not easy to stick to a goal for five weeks, but right now, there’s a light at the end of the tunnel. How good were you at sticking to your language-learning plan over the last month? Did you stay on track? Falter here and there? Totally fall off the wagon?
No matter how disciplined you were, it’s important that you make time for goal assessment at the end. Reflecting on your progress is just as important as any other stage of the process, because regardless of how much success you had, you’ve probably learned a lot about yourself — and what may or may not work for you in terms of habit formation and learning methods.
For this week’s challenge, write a post or film a video of yourself talking about:
- How far you got these last few weeks
- One thing you’re proud of yourself for
- One thing you’d do differently next time
- What you learned about yourself and what works to keep you motivated
Just don’t forget to use the hashtag #BabbelChallenge to connect with other participants.
The perks of completing this week’s challenge include:
- Giving yourself an opportunity to fully integrate what you’ve learned
- Giving yourself permission to pat yourself on the back a little
- Walking away with solid intel to take with you on your future quests
The One Thing Every Successful Language Learner Knows
8 Signs You’ve Mastered A Foreign Language
How Long Does It Take To Learn A Language?
Here’s Why Learning A Language Shouldn’t Be About Fluency
How To Get Past Your Language Learning Plateau
4 Tips For Staying Motivated To Learn A Language
The 10 Stages Of Language Learning
Quiz: What Should You Reward Yourself With After Your Language-Learning Milestone?