But here’s the good news. At Babbel, we’ve created an app that removes the obstacles that keep people from learning languages. It’s time to ditch your list of reasons to wait and start learning with Babbel today. Here are five reasons why.
1. You’ll see results in as little as three weeks. Unlike students in traditional language classes who tend to spend about 90 minutes a night poring over textbooks and making flashcards, Babbel users who dedicate just 15 minutes a day to learning feel confident speaking conversationally in three weeks. If you need to see it for yourself, watch as 15 absolute beginners learn Spanish in three weeks.
2. Each lesson takes less than 15 minutes. Our lessons are designed to be relevant and fun! Each lesson only takes 10-15 minutes to complete and consists of timely introduction and repetition of new vocabulary and grammar explanations. Breaking up learning into bite-sized segments helps ensure that you’ll never feel overwhelmed and can learn at a pace that works for you. 92-95% of users describe Babbel as easy to use, helpful, and most importantly, fun!
3. Learn from native speakers. We want our users to be confident speaking and understanding their chosen language, so each lesson is voiced by a native speaker. Hearing a language as it’s really spoken will help you learn to replicate the accent, rhythm, and flow of a native speaker, giving your conversational skills an automatic boost. Babbel also includes voice-recognition software to check your pronunciation, allowing you to have some practical speaking experience before you take your new skills out into the real world.
4. Built by linguists with you in mind. Babbel was built by a team of over 150 linguists, and is available in seven languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian and Swedish. From these seven languages, you can choose to learn any one of 13 languages. Because of that, every Babbel course is developed with your native language at the very forefront of the developer’s mind. We know you’ve already learned at least one language successfully — your native language — so we build on the grammatical concepts that you’ve already mastered and gently introduce the new ones.
5. Tested and proven by multiple universities. We love talking about the effectiveness of our app, and we love when universities and researchers validate our craftsmanship. For instance: a study conducted by researchers at the City University of New York and the University of South Carolina showed that beginners learning Spanish only need an average of 15 hours of study with Babbel to cover the requirements for one college semester. A study conducted by researchers at Michigan State University showed that virtually all participants made a measurable gain in their ability to communicate orally in Spanish when studying with Babbel. Now that’s a real honor!