Backend Developer (m/f)
We are looking for a full time Backend Developer (m/f) to start immediately in our Berlin office.
As part of our development team you will will collaborate on our web application (Ruby on Rails) and apps for other platforms and devices. You will encounter diverse technologies, programming languages and frameworks and you will provide your own area of expertise according to your skills and interests. We are looking for a career entrant who is keen to get acquainted with a range of activities. We have the expertise to support you and expect a corresponding openness, energy and professionalism from you.
- Good knowledge of current web technologies
- Good understanding of MVC Architecture
- Good knowledge of at least two object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Reliability and an independent way of working
We offer you:
- Working in a development team of high technical competence
- Short development cycles and streamlined specification processes
- Modern application design and current technologies
- A lively startup atmosphere with reasonable working hours
- Long-term prospects
Babbel.com is a learning system for foreign languages. We currently offer numerous online courses and mobile Apps in eleven different languages. Babbel has been online since 2008 and has more than 7 million users from all over the world. The idea for Babbel arose in 2007. At that time we realized that there were no good products for learning languages independently over the internet. And so Lesson Nine GmbH was founded. Today the company has an experienced and highly competent team of 70 employees and around 100 freelance colleagues. The Babbel office is situated in Berlin-Kreuzberg.
We would appreciate short and concise applications. If you're interested please send applications exclusively in digital form to email@example.com, attn. Nadja Hantschel referring to the position as Backend Developer. Please indicate your Github, Stackoverflow and Bitbucketaccounts aswell as work samples.
Please note: we don't accept applications from recruitment agencies.