- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
iBook for Learners of Spanish Now at Babbel.com
- Multi-media book “Learn Spanish: Beginner’s Course 1“* for learning Latin American and European Spanish includes audio dialogues, short animated vocabulary movies, interactive exercises with quizzes, digital flashcards and a personal notepad
- Photo gallery of Spanish and Latin American culture and landscapes in high resolution
Berlin, August 14, 2012 – The online language learning portal Babbel has published an iBook for native speakers of English to learn Spanish. “Learn Spanish: Beginner’s Course 1” teaches essential vocabulary words and phrases as well as the fundamentals of Spanish grammar. Babbel’s second iBook is an entertaining and up-to-date introduction to this foreign language and is an excellent way to prepare for travel to Spain or Latin America.
Online courses and mobile apps from Babbel have been tried and tested. More than seven million people use Babbel’s online courses and mobile apps worldwide. Now with “Learn Spanish: Beginner’s Course 1” the well-known language learning portal is introducing its second iBook, which is also a great complement to the existing online Babbel beginner’s courses.
Like the first, this iBook was compiled and designed by Babbel’s in-house editorial team. Five chapters give the learner an overview of the main Spanish and Latin American words and phrases needed for initial communication. How do I introduce myself? How do I order a drink? What’s the difference between ser and estar? How do I use public transportation? The user can easily navigate the comprehensive book’s 77 pages with one movement of the hand. Practical sample dialogues clarify how to use and pronounce the vocabulary, while interactive, audiovisual exercises and digital flashcards round off the review regimen. Learners can also jot down their own notes on the personal notepad. Each lesson concludes with a visual presentation illustrating customs and use of Spanish speaking countries. The glossary at the end of the book gives an overview of vocabulary included. The “Learn Spanish: Beginner’s Course” book can be downloaded from the iBookstore and installed for an introductory price of €6.99
Online courses with extensive pronunciation, grammar and listening comprehension exercises can be found on www.babbel.com There are mobile apps for iOS (iPhone and iPad) and Android for learning French, Italian, German, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, English, Turkish, Polish, Dutch and Indonesian. More information are to be found on our blog.
Go directly to Apple’s iBookstore: http://itunes.apple.com/book/id549475500?mt=11
* The course "Learn Spanish: Beginner's Course 1" corresponds to level A1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).