- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
- English for Everyone
- 5.9.2011 Babbel breaks beyond even
- PR 20101012
- Press Release 01/01/2011
- Press Release 03-22-2011
- Press Release December 1, 2010
- Press Release Eurovision 04-11-2011
- Press Release February 2nd, 2011
- Press Release June 15, 2011
- Press Release March 29th 2011
- Press Release Music Course 8.05.12 ENG
- Press Release: iPhone Apps for Turkish, Polish, Dutch and Indonesian
- Press release best intentions 28.12.2011
Babbel.com Launches Four New Learning Languages
- New online courses for Turkish, Polish, Dutch and Indonesian
- Interactive language learning: Phrases, pronunciation exercises and more
- Free registration and sample lesson
Babbel, the online learning platform, today announced that it has added new languages to its portfolio of now eleven languages, available on www.babbel.com. . In addition to Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish and English, users can now learn vocabulary and key phrases in Indonesian, Polish, Turkish and Dutch.
Whether chatting with Polish neighbors in their mother tongue, learning the basics in Turkish, or understanding exotic terms like “Laki-laki” or ”Knalpot” on vacation in Bali, Babbel now offers an easy introduction to these languages.
A number of themed lessons such as "Holidays”, "Life in the city", "Free time", "Culture" and "Digital World" feature basic and advanced vocabulary with words, images and pronunciation examples. Each one of these is split into tutorials that can be completed within ten to fifteen minutes. For every theme, learners can access a range of some of the most useful phrases.
Interactive vocabulary lessons begin with an introduction to the new words accompanied by sound and images. The modules are designed to engage users by offering quiz-style training exercises.
All Babbel courses feature a personal Review Manager which ensures the vocabulary taught is practiced regularly and placed in long-term memory. With the new languages, Babbel also offers another user favorite: Pronunciation Training with real-time speech recognition. This technology is browser based and therefore requires no additional downloads.
The new languages will be continuously revisited and enhanced, supported by a team of more than 50 teachers, authors, editors, native speakers and experts, responsible for content.
With a three-month subscription, access to all content within the Turkish, Polish, Dutch and Indonesian courses is available at a special rate of £2.90, US-$4.30, €3.30 a month Registration together with a sample lesson is free of charge, with no obligation to purchase any of the courses.