- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
- English for Everyone
- 5.9.2011 Babbel breaks beyond even
- PR 20101012
- Press Release 01/01/2011
- Press Release 03-22-2011
- Press Release December 1, 2010
- Press Release Eurovision 04-11-2011
- Press Release February 2nd, 2011
- Press Release June 15, 2011
- Press Release March 29th 2011
- Press Release Music Course 8.05.12 ENG
- Press Release: iPhone Apps for Turkish, Polish, Dutch and Indonesian
- Press release best intentions 28.12.2011
Internet Learning Grows Up
- Language learning website Babbel.com has been online for one year and continues to grow rapidly
- 180,000 users from more than 200 countries called to write birthday wishes to Babbel.com
Berlin, January 14, 2009 – Language learning website Babbel.com looks fondly back on its first year and receives birthday wishes from its members in their respective languages.
On the 15th of January 2008, Babbel.com went online for the first time. Now, after only a year, 180,000 people from all over the world are learning English, Spanish, French, Italian and German on the website. For the anniversary, they've been asked to write birthday wishes in the language they are currently learning. Then native speakers from from the Babbel community will go over these texts and give helpful feedback.
180,000 members from over 200 countries
Right now, Babbel community members come from 209 countries. From Afghanistan to Venezuela, practically the whole world is represented. Markus Witte, one of the founders and CEOs, says, “The quickly growing number of users and their positive feedback show us that we've really satisfied a demand. Online learning isn't just fun, it also offers clear advantages.”
Online language learning gets even more attractive
Babbel.com was formed a year ago with the idea of making language learning easier and more attractive using the possibilities of the the internet. With its playful teaching approach, the website also intended to reach users who may use conventional learning materials less. The interactive vocabulary packages and tutorials are intuitively designed. Pictures and pronunciation examples facilitate understanding and emphasize learning that sticks. Meanwhile, the community functions make it possible to study with others, whether it be with a learning partner or a “tandem” (language exchange). In the next months, alongside its free material, Babbel will begin to offer paid premium content.
Further information at www.babbel.com/about/ENG/press.
Find unusual, interesting and current commentary on language and language learning at the Babbel Blog blog.babbel.com/.
Babbel (www.babbel.com) offers the opportunity for anyone to learn languages for free online. Since January, 2008, around 180,000 users have registered. The company behind Babbel, Lesson Nine GmbH, is located in multi-cultural Berlin and was founded in 2007 by Lorenz Heine (35), Markus Witte (38), Toine Diepstraten (33) and Thomas Holl (33). Beforehand these four worked for the audio software company, Native Instruments, which Heine had co-founded. Babbel.com received an investment from Kizoo AG and VC Fonds Berlin in the summer of 2008. The Babbel Team consists currently of ten full-time employees and over ten freelancers.
+49 30 346 55 93 87
Lesson Nine GmbH
10963 Berlin, Germany