- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
- English for Everyone
- 5.9.2011 Babbel breaks beyond even
- PR 20101012
- Press Release 01/01/2011
- Press Release 03-22-2011
- Press Release December 1, 2010
- Press Release Eurovision 04-11-2011
- Press Release February 2nd, 2011
- Press Release June 15, 2011
- Press Release March 29th 2011
- Press Release Music Course 8.05.12 ENG
- Press Release: iPhone Apps for Turkish, Polish, Dutch and Indonesian
- Press release best intentions 28.12.2011
Babbel Grows Worldwide
- Signups and opportunities for connecting multiply daily
BERLIN February 25th 2008, Germany — Babbel.com, the new free language learning website with a social twist, is developing daily by the thousands. Since the launch mid-January, through word-of-mouth, positive response from users and excitement in the international media, the number of signups have increased at an astounding rate. In places as far-flung as Caracas, Manhattan and Mumbai, new learners are making friends and progressing in Babbel‘s current languages of English, Spanish, French, German and Italian .
And now, Babbel has taken its innovative approach to a new level: you can enrich the collaborative learning experience in real time. The new Board multiplies the opportunities for connecting exponentially.
In addition to Babbel‘s celebrated fun, „intuitive“ lessons, on the new Board, you now can chat about – or in – your learning language. There is a section to check translations, search for alternatives to fixed phrases, or express spelling or grammatical doubts. Up to date, you could create a personal profile and get in touch with other users all over the globe, finding a „Tandem“ partner who speaks the language you are learning as a native, or a „learning partner“ learning the same language. Now you also can get in contact with people living in places you may be traveling, ask for tips or even find a couch to crash on!
Babbel also has just launched full localized interfaces for native Spanish and French speakers, besides the current English and German ones.
And there is more to come: Plans are in the works for a paid, Premium package of Babbel with more extensive curricula, including in-depth grammar and higher language levels. But for the time being, signing up and learning with Babbel is completely free, and its basic level and opportunities for connecting with other users will always remain so.
A playful application, Babbel takes the tedium and inconvenience out of language learning. With a design inspired by a game console, it makes picking up new vocabulary effortless and fun. Truly multimedia, it incorporates user-generated images and, now, human voices, into the teaching of real-life vocabulary. You can practice how to shop for groceries, express your feelings, or flirt. In place of the traditional flash cards, an effective repetition system makes cementing new content easy. Meanwhile, a unique Refresher system tracks your learning progress and reminds you what to review.
The Babbel staff has proven to be a strikingly effective and experienced team. The four founders have a broad professional background in different areas, having worked as CFOs, IT consultants, software developers, product designers, online team managers and assistant professors. Three of them previously founded successful companies, one of which has become a international business with more than 140 employees. An academically trained language didactics expert contributes professional knowledge in design and production of learning materials. Having already worked together in various combinations over the years, the Babbel team developed the site efficiently in only nine months.