- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
Learn Languages Cooking: Food-themed Course “Wine, Food and Gastronomy“ on Babbel.com
- Just in time for the first vintages, the online language learning portal Babbel.com offers culinary vocabulary lessons in seven foreign languages.
Berlin, July 17,2012 – Foodies, gourmets and chowhounds can now learn culinary words and phrases in seven languages. Interspersed with illustrated example sentences in the style of a kitchen conversation, nine wine-, cooking- and spice-themed lessons make for a rapid assimilation of all the essential gastronomical lingo.
The language of wines is a difficult one, often only spoken among those in the know. But you don’t have to be an expert to express yourself about wine. Babbel makes possible an entry into the world of gastronomy by offering up the essential words and phrases on the themes of wine, spices and gastronomy in seven different languages.
Whether a Portuguese red wine tastes encorpado or floral, or is characterized by a harmonious palate (com un paladar harmonioso), one can practice the correct pronunciation thanks to the integrated speech recognition system. That can be especially helpful with words such as tire-bouchon (corkscrew in French) or yerbabuena (mint in Spanish).
The lessons consist of interactive speaking, reading, writing and listening exercises, and provide an easy introduction into a new language. The personalized review manager makes sure that learners review everything correctly at optimal intervals, and thereby commit the material to long-term memory.
The course “Wine, Food and Gastronomy” is available in the gourmet languages of French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Germans and English at www.babbel.com
With the online learning system Babbel (http://www.babbel.com), both beginners and continuing learners can study English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Dutch, Indonesian, Polish and Turkish. There are tons of interactive courses available on the website www.babbel.com. There are also apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android mobile devices, as well as an interactive e-book. More than 7 million people from over 200 countries are studying languages with Babbel.
The company behind Babbel, Lesson Nine GmbH, operates out of Berlin, Germany. Founded in August 2007, it now has around 120 fulltime and freelance employees. Since July 2008 Lesson Nine has been funded by Kizoo AG and VC-Fonds Berlin. http://www.babbel.com