- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
Gol! Spalony! Rzut karny! Babbel.com now offers Football-Themed Polish Language Course for the EURO 2012
- Online language course and app themed "European Championship 2012" lets football fans learn Polish vocabulary about football rules, moves, team rosters, travel, and phrases to help communicate with fans
- Available as an app for free for iOS and Android, the course helps with pronunciation training, integrated speech recognition and supports learning with a review manager
London, 22nd May 2012 – Football fans eagerly awaiting the EURO 2012, can now train their tongues for the biggest sporting event of the year. Whether at a public viewing with other fans, at the England national team headquarters in Krakow, or in the stadium, communication between nations is the name of the game. Those wanting to cheer on Gerrard, Rooney or Cole and the rest of Roy Hodgson’s squad in Poland can now learn the most important Polish words and phrases used in football.
22 men and one ball: Fans hoping to enjoy the Euro in Poland now have the perfect opportunity to brush up their language skills for the games. Roonney getting his first goal would be gol! in Polish, while a wrong position on the attack will get a spalony (offside) call from the referee. If after extra time scores are still tied, a rzut karny (penalty kick) will keep you on the edge of your seat. These and other words and phrases relevant to football—as well as "Travel", "Hotel," "Colours," "Numbers" and "Public Transport" themed vocabulary packages are now offered in Babbel’s entertaining online course and football app.
"Fairness and respect are important values in football. The same goes for fans. Getting familiar with the language of the host country promotes understanding between fans and helps everyone get along better during the 2012 European Championship" says Markus Witte, Managing Director at Babbel.
The online language course "European Championship 2012" includes reading, writing, listening and speaking exercises with speech recognition as well as a review manager. Diverse features make for a comprehensive study experience that ensures learning success. Those who start now will have all the most important vocabulary under their belt for the beginning of EURO 2012 on June 8th. Learning on-the-go is also an option: The course can be completed with the free football apps for iOS and Android. The integrated speech recognition tool gives immediate feedback on your pronunciation. As with the online course, there is a review manager that reminds you to practise vocabulary at optimal intervals. The football course and apps are available for native speakers of English, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and Swedish.
Also read the Babbel blog post: Getting Ready for EURO 2012
With the online learning system Babbel, both beginners and continuing learners can study English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Dutch, Indonesian, Polish and Turkish. There are tons of interactive courses available on the website www.babbel.com. There are also apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android mobile devices. More than 5 million people from over 200 countries are studying languages with Babbel.
The company behind Babbel, Lesson Nine GmbH, operates out of Berlin, Germany. Founded in August 2007, it now has around 100 fulltime and freelance employees. Since July 2008 Lesson Nine has been funded by Kizoo AG and VC-Fonds Berlin.
Babbel.com UK press contact:
+44 7876 616 246