- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
Babbel.com apps launched on new Windows 8 - offering whole new language learning experience
- The Language learning platform babbel.com now offers eleven top language learning apps for Windows 8 tablets and PCs.
- An additional app for Windows Phone 8 is in consideration
Berlin 26 October 2012 – Windows 8 users can now download eleven new language learning apps for free from the Education category of the Windows Store and learn their favorite languages on their PC or tablet courtesy.
Thanks to the attractive design and a user-friendly layout, the educational apps offer a flexible, highly effective and entertaining way to learn. “We are impressed with the Babbel apps as they present an immersive Windows experience through a combination of great design and content,” said John Richards, Senior Director of Windows Apps Marketing for Microsoft Corp.
Very Promising Collaboration
With Windows 8, Microsoft supports the use of touchscreen technologies, opening up opportunities for new partnerships with app developers such as Babbel. The highly aesthetic interface of the new OS and the Babbel apps’ design will offer a unique language learning experience.
“Windows 8 is the next step in the increasing convergence of mobile and static user interfaces. We have perceived this as an ever growing trend in the area of language learning therefore, the new interface of Windows 8 is particularly well suited for our language learning apps. We’re excited about users’ response to the new apps and look forward to further collaborating with Microsoft,” said Markus Witte, CEO of Babbel.
The new apps contain 3000 words along with example sentences using interactive, audiovisual flashcards and writing exercises around topics such as as culture, the digital world, sport or vacation. Users newly acquired vocabulary can be managed and repeated at defined intervals by an integrated review manager in order to optimize the learner’s ability to memorize material.
As well as the app, learners also receive a free user account on babbel.com. Windows 8 users can, for the time being, download the new apps for Dutch, English, French, German, Indonesian, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish and Turkish free of cost.
Read more information about our app in the interview of our Mobile Product Manager Dari Salimi in our blog.
You can try out our app in the Windows Store here: http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/app/learn-english-with-babbel-com/d3a7bdc1-a61f-4c3a-8497-3bbe7b9c79c7