- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
Babbel launches mobile language learning apps for Android
- Android apps available for French, Spanish, German, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Italian, Turkish, Dutch, Polish, Indonesian and English
- Audiovisual learning material with 3000 vocabulary words, sounds, images, speech recognition and a personalized review manager
Berlin/ Atlanta/ London, March 27, 2012 – Babbel.com, the online language learning portal now offers its language learning apps for Android. Starting from today, Android users can study eleven languages on their smartphone or tablet.
Android users can download the new apps in the Google Play Store (formerly Android Market) free of charge.
Babbel apps for iPad and iPhone are already available, and are rated at the top of education categories in countries worldwide. In total, Babbel apps have already reached the 2.3 million download mark.
The new Android apps contain 3000 words, including sample sentences from themed lessons like “Leisure Time“, “Culture”, “Digital World” or “Holidays”. Whether language learners are lounging in the park, at the café or are trying to pass the time at the airport — these apps make fun, portable and flexible language study possible. Integrated speech recognition instantly analyzes progress, and within the user’s personal vocabulary, a review manager determines the ideal moment for practicing words. The app comes with a free babbel.com user account.
Google Play Store Link:
Images of the Babbel Android apps:
With the online learning system Babbel (http://www.babbel.com), both beginners and continuing learners can study English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Brazilian Portuguese, Swedish, Dutch, Indonesian, Polish and Turkish. There are tons of interactive courses available on the website www.babbel.com. There are also apps for iPhone, iPad, iPod and Android mobile devices. More than 5 million people from over 200 countries are studying languages with Babbel. The company behind Babbel, Lesson Nine GmbH, operates out of Berlin, Germany. Founded in August 2007, it now has around 100 fulltime and freelance employees. Since July 2008 Lesson Nine has been funded by Kizoo AG and VC-Fonds Berlin.
More info at: http://www.babbel.com
Press Contacts Babbel.com:
London, UK Funda Cizgenakad, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 79 3181 6972
Atlanta, GA Corinna Rogers, email@example.com, +1 404 941 4234
Berlin, Germany Katrin Theiner, firstname.lastname@example.org, +49 160 1510886