- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
Babbel launches dating themed online language module with “Love Letters”
- Interactive German course offers virtual flirting practice
Berlin, February 7, 2012 – Babbel, the online learning system for foreign languages, today announces a new language course themed ‘Love Letters’, offering a step-by-step guide to flirting in German language. The course was developed following a clear trend amongst people looking to learn a language based on motives of friendships and relationships. It is estimated that around 40 million Americans and 15 Million Brits look to the internet to find a partner and finding a partner whose mother tongue is another language is not uncommon.
‘Love Letters’ consists of eight lessons following the virtual love story of couple Marie and Robert.
Robert, an architect is looking for a serious relationship. Following a recent break up he is looking for a new partner and signs up to a dating site. A woman’s photo immediately catches his attention: Marie. Robert gathers his courage and sends her a note and the two hopefuls start exchanging messages.
With “love story-like” interactive reading, writing and listening exercises, as well as pronunciation training, the German course offers step-by-step vocabulary for flirting, meeting someone, and falling in love.
“We conducted a short poll our company's social media platforms and many Babbel users said that they were learning a new language to both better understand their partner and their partner’s family as well as to become more independent in the home country of their partner”, said Katja Wilde, Content Project Manager at Babbel. “We created this course to help bilingual couples to communicate better as well as help hose who just started dating on their way to getting to know the other person. As always, we wanted to make studying fun with vocabulary topics people are interested in and find entertaining,” he/she added.
Find more information here: http://www.babbel.com/home/about/press
* Source: USA http://www.onlineschools.org/blog/online-dating/ and UK http://uk-dating.org.uk/online-dating-statistics.html
Press Contact Babbel.com:
International Communications Manager
Tel.: +49. 160.1510886