- The Babbel Idea
- About Us
- Press Review
- Press Release Android 27.3.2012 ENG
- Press Release CCS Volunteer in Brazil 19.10.2012 ENG
- Press Release Doctors without borders 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Love Letters 7.2.2012
- Press Release RockstarKurs 31.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Sommerferien 26.06.2012 ENG
- Press Release Spanish-iBook 14.08.2012 ENG
- Press Release WeinKurs 17.07.2012 ENG
- Press Release Windows 8 App 23.10.2012
- Press Release football 22.5.2012 ENG
- Press Release iBook 19.06.2012 ENG
- Press releases
- English for Everyone
- 5.9.2011 Babbel breaks beyond even
- PR 20101012
- Press Release 01/01/2011
- Press Release 03-22-2011
- Press Release December 1, 2010
- Press Release Eurovision 04-11-2011
- Press Release February 2nd, 2011
- Press Release June 15, 2011
- Press Release March 29th 2011
- Press Release Music Course 8.05.12 ENG
- Press Release: iPhone Apps for Turkish, Polish, Dutch and Indonesian
- Press release best intentions 28.12.2011
Babbel Recommends Language Courses after a Summer Abroad
- Work with newly acquired language skills after a summer break abroad
- Online language courses with everyday relevance for the self-directed learner
After a summer vacation abroad, foreign language skills are still fresh. To solidify what has been learned, it is important to plunge right into a language course. The language learning system, Babbel (http://www.babbel.com), which offers courses in Spanish, French, Italian, German, English, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese, makes this remarkably simple. Whether online or on-the-go, the interactive, multimedia learning platform offers bite-sized vocabulary and grammar lessons. In addition, the Babbel online community gives learners the opportunity to find language exchange partners.
Effective vocabulary training
In short lessons, new vocabulary words are presented accompanied by an image and pronunciation training. This guarantees that the learner absorbs the material intuitively. A unique speech recognition tool also allows the learner to practice pronunciation on their own.
The vocabulary includes simple words needed for everyday situations. For anyone who wants to master typical, everyday communication, Babbel offers tons of of phrases and vocabulary according to specific, relevant themes. From “International Relationships” and “Advanced Vocabulary: Ocean” to “1000 Useful Sentences – Classical Music”, there are topics of interest for everyone.
Learn grammar – the easy way
Grammar cannot be understood simply through learning individual words and phrases. Babbel offers rather entire lessons dedicated to developing the learner’s grammar skills. These include all the essential rules and explain grammar in the context of everyday situations. Short but sweet, the learning material is anything but overwhelming, and can be reviewed as often as the learner desires.
Plunge in, it’s easy
Simply sign up on Babbel.com, choose one of the seven languages and try out the first lesson for free, or download the iPhone app for free with some trial lessons. A three-month subscription to Babbel is €5.95 a month, including all content on the iPhone app. To use the iPhone app on its own, a 3000-word Basic and Advanced Vocabulary can be downloaded for a onetime price of €5.99.